Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday...

Well its Friday, My refund is finally on its way to my bank.. Im just waiting for it to clear at the moment, THANK THE GODS! I have been doing some tweeking around with my Chaos Dwarf list for Quake City.

I'm still not too sure on using Bull Centaurs but im going to try a unit of 5 with a champion.

Currently in the list is:

Chaos Dwarf Lord: Black Hammer of Hashut, Armour of the Furnace, Shield, and Great Taurus.
2 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerers: both Level 2 with Dispel Scroll and Power Stone (usually Shadow Lore)
Hobgoblin Hero: Great Weapon and Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the Cruel

21 Chaos Dwarfs w/ Blunderbuss & Full Command, War Banner
2x 21 Chaos Dwarfs with Great Weapons, Shields & Full Command

3x Death Rockets

5 Bull Centaurs w/ Heavy Armour, Great Weapons & Shields, Champion
4 Ogre Kingdom Leadbelchers w/ Champion

I really like the Leadbelchers in the list they compliment the shooting in a characterful way and giving me some needed speed and combat support. I had placed Hobgoblins in the list but found that they don't do enough to be considered an asset on the board.

The Hobgoblin Hero is a great answer to machines in this list, especially when complimented with the Steed of Shadows spell. He is often called a one hit wonder but really with 3 attacks he has a great chance even against High Elf Crews that Strike first. He is also a chariot buster which will help me vs chaos and other potentially chariot heavy armies... though High Elves will cause me great pains as lion chariots will still probably kill him before he gets a strike.

The only armies that im really worried about are Cavalry heavy lists... The speed coupled with the hitting power can be devistating to this small army. The New Beastmen as well have be a bit worried on the Minotaur front. The Minotaurs expecially when supported by a gorebull or doombull can roll up my army like a carpet especially if they take harpies to get behind me for crossfire.

Thats about it for now.. Talk to you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment